Why are there politics everywhere? Arrgh... Anyway, I'm sick of the stupid nurses in the hospital which I'm currently doing my practicals. I can't help being pissed off!Obselete has the idea of nurses being angelic and saintly become, Alas! Instead of catering for the sickly and provide sufficient nursing care, they now spend more of their time indulging in office politics. I bet Florence Nightingale would kill herself if she knows what has happened now. Sigh.
Oh, and they take oaths too before taking up their duties as nurses. Let's see what they pledge.
"...I solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly, to pass my life in purity and to practice my profession faithfully. I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug. I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession, and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling. With loyalty will I endeavor to aid the physician in his work, and devote myself to the welfare of those committed to my care..."
Bah, humbug! Well, definitely not all of them are of such horrid and putrid genre, yet, it's the sour cream that makes the milk bad. What a pity.
Anyway, I don't see why nurses should have a grudge against us. After all, we are nothing but free coolies. Why don't they let us do their work while they sit back in the pantry, have some tea and cookies and spend their free time gossiping bout each other? Or better, go watch TV in the first class wards or take some 40 winks and we'll tell them when the nursing sister comes to ambush them. Oh, no, they can't. They just have to pretend to be sooooooooooooo dedicated and do all their business, and then later spend the whole noon whining and complaining bout patients and medical students. Not only that, they'll try to pick up small errs that we did, make a big fuss bout it and alert the whole hospital bout it, then come up with some stupid resolutions and act as if they were the heroine(s). That's so pathetic.
I'm just pissed off.
Anyway, the circle will never end. They'll scold medical students, whom later in a few years graduate as medical doctors that will scold them back. Then they'll go on scolding the next batch of students who will .......... bla bla bla, and the vicious circle never ends.
Alas.
4 comments:
sigh. there goes the hot busty nurse fantasies. damn
oooo a horrid nurse u have. yar i've 2 seen many nurse behave as such. wonder where's d noble profession has gone or perhaps died, drown in politics. with ur passion i think u'll b fine. ;)
hhhmm... let me ask my other medical-major friends/blogger and i wonder if they have this bad experience with nurses too...
I forgot to mention that I blogged that in conjuction with World Nurses Day. Anyway, there are still some good nurses out there. :)
Post a Comment