Some old friend popped up a question at me when we had midnight tea some time during the CNY festive season.
"Rickie, are you still single like always? Why don't cha get someone?" She asked me.
I didn't know what to answer. I don't know what my answers are.
My last relationship ended 10 months ago from today. (Eyes on his watch again) Yup, 10 months ago.
I was never really prepared for a relationship. Yet, it comes again and again after I was picked up and put down again and again. Like a vicious circle of pandemonium, yet I pulled through, with 3rd degree burn scars. From the first one till the last one I scrutinized their natural history, "Ridiculous", that's the only word I can think of.
I never really needed one?!?! Did I not?
At times, I feel so lonely that I can feel the chill of the wind wriggling down into my coccyx, yet it was just a moment. A microsecond, yet seemed like forever when you are so bored that you have nothing else distracting you from being lonely.
I remember this song. A song that reminds me of someone. What's ironic is that I miss his presence althought I make myself stop remember his face. Well, I know I'll never love this way again. :)
You looked inside my fantasies
And made each one come true
Something no one else
Had ever found a way to do
I've kept the mem'ries one by one
Since you took me in
And I know I'll never love this way again
A fool will lose tomorrow
Reachin' back for yesterday
I won't turn my head in sorrow
If you should go away
I'll stand here and remember
Just how good it's been
And I know I'll never love this way again
I know I'll never love this way again
So I keep holdin' onBefore the good is gone
I know I'll never love this way again
Hold on, hold on, hold on
Happy Valentines Day, Rickie.
Monday, February 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment