Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Dorm

I was supposed to bring my little 2nd year junior buddy to see Gary Chaw's concert here, but I could not find any parking space (It was totally havoc in Kenyalang area), so we opted for a movie instead. Having arrived in the cineplex around 8 pm, to our dismay again, (we noticed that) there were not much movie choices, except for Pirates of Carribean 2, and Superman.

When we finally decided to catch the 8.30's Pirates of the Carribean 2, the seats were all full, except for two in the first few rows. Bah. What a turn off!
I spotted 10.30 pm's The Dorm and hence I suggested to my little junior to watching that so-called horror flick. She agreed promptly without any contemplation, and I thought most girls are very reluctant to watch horror movies?
Still, the problem is that... we have 2 hours and 30 minutes of free time to spare! Burn me, I really didn't know where to go or what to do. So, we trudged to the nearest Parkson shopping mall for a brief window shopping, and ended up ridiculing and mocking at each other in the mall and also in a bookstore. People would really think that we are idiots. Having spent an hour lingering in a small shopping mall, we headed back for the cinema because the mall was going to close and we, practically, have nowhere else to go! How pathetic!
Back at the cinema, we too were loitering around waiting for time to go by. Yet, I think I did a good job entertaining my little buddy and killing off her boredom, to an extent la. Wahaha. Ok. Enough crap.
Anyway, this so-called horror flick actually carries a very meaningful message, and gosh I think I almost cried. Not that touching, but really meaningful. It's all about friendship; to what extent this little boy would do to help his friend.
Not bad. Strongly recommended to see it.

3 comments:

Matt. K. said...

Was the movie scary? Your junior wasn't scared at all? I was just thinking of watching the movie. Still, I'd rather spent my money on something like Pirates of The Carribean or Superman and buy pirated DVD for Dorm.

RcKs said...

Neh...

Spoiler. It's not really a horror movie la... so don't expect much screaming or yelling. Probably you won't feel your heart beating like hell too.

Still, if you're the kinda guy who's really into good movies, it's worth a watch.

savante said...

Hmm... didn't imagine that it'd be such a good watch. Really?

Paul