I'm in my blues again. Today we had a lecture on Personality Disorders, and amicably all my colleagues have been labelling one another with different personality disorders that they could come across.If I were to pick one colour that would really describe what I feel inside, I would pick Black. Not that I'm obsessed with the colour black; black, because there's an emptiness inside that I could not really fill up. Now I think I am nuts.
I've been spending a few nights pondering bout life and existence. Why am I here? What am I supposed to do with my life? Why does the decisions I make in my own life will affect other people around me? Why? Why? Why?
Anyway, I just noticed something; there are already 12 "I"s here.
Freud did say conflicts occur because there is a discord between one's ego and his superego. I'm not really a psychoanalyst, but I somehow agree to it. There is a conflict within me, that I do not comprehend, and that I could not put reins around it. Still. some suggests that using "we", instead of "I", would make one a little more harmonious with oneself and the people around him. Yet, how could I use "we" when I'm merely myself? I wouldn't wanna make people think that I am really that schizo. Ok, what the heck? I don't know what I'm yakking now.
Today I heard Paul Anka on the radio with Odia Coates, with his hit "I don't like to sleep alone". I kinda like this song, and the lyrics are melancholic enough to milk my tears. Maybe I'm really such a grey person.
I don't like to sleep alone
Stay with me, don't go
Talk with me for just a while
So much of you to get to know
Reaching out touching you
Leaving all the worries far behind
Loving you the way I do
My mouth on yours and yours on mine
Marry me, let me live with you
Nothing's wrong and love is right
Like a man said in his song
"Help me make it through the night"
Loneliness can get you down
When you get to thinkin' no one cares
Lean on me (And I'll lean on you)
Together we will see it through
No, I don't like to sleep alone
It's sad to think some folks do
No, I don't like to sleep alone
No one does
Do you
Well, I'm used to sleeping alone now.

No comments:
Post a Comment