"Bones. Bones. Bones. It's all about bones. That's orthopaedics", that's what people would say. Well. I don't think so. 4 weeks in Orthopaedics pinpointed to me that it ain't easy and yet pretty mundane sometimes.
Me and my buddy Shah went over to OT on Friday and witnessed a total joint replacement/ arthroplasty. The whole thingee was kind of cool, but the whole banging, drilling, screwing and sawing reminds me of something else. Carpentry.
Orthopaedic surgeons, to me, are more like carpenters or mechanics. They use more tools than surgeons and honestly they earn more!
Well, the banging and sawing did not impress me much.I like the blood and gore. Ok. That's it. I'm not an orthopaedic guy.
What made me almost puked was this. Next door there was this girl who suffered an open fracture in an accident and was sent to a local district hospital. I do not know what happened there in Bintangor, but she was dismissed. DISMISSED?!?!? With an open fracture?!? (Unofficial sources reported that the dumb MO was a graduate from UM).
Later 2 months she developed an awful wound infection and her mother threatened to sue that bloody medical officer for negligence. Intriguing.
Oh damnit. I can't shake off the image of that filthy pus-sy bloody gory wound! Yucks.
On the other hand... in the paeds... I saw this. Hanging by a moment.
Well, That's what you get when you don't listen to what Mommy told ya!
I'll try to dig up more stuffs.


No comments:
Post a Comment