Monday, March 06, 2006

The Biology of Love

It's been a while since I feel that I am in love. Ok, it's almost 365 days that I have not been in love! I wonder why?

I read an article in National Geographic discussing bout love and it's biological associations. Why and how do we fall in love?
The answer is neurotransmitter. Well, when you are so-called "in love", your dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin alters remarkably. Your dopamine & norepinephrine soars, giving you an euphoric sensation, which allows you to go on for days without a sleep, or even kill a lion with your bare hands! Some actually feels their heart going thumping all day. Anyway, the serotonin, on the other hand, plunges with gravity, giving you a pseudo obsessive-compulsive state of mind. In other words, you are analogous with a madman. No wonder they say love makes you blind and mad.
So, what perplex us is how do we choose who to fall in love in? Well, it goes with our biological instincts as well. Studies, again, showed that we are attracted to people that we consider as superior. And what are the indications of superiority? Well, people with high concentration of endogenous testosterone are perceived as healthy individuals since they have better immune response; in other words, their offsprings who carry their genes have higher chances of survival. Well, what else but muscles? I don't know why everybody knows that testosterone actually makes your muscles well developed. Hence, big muscles = lots of testosterone. Period.
Furthermore, other phenotypes such as height, body mass and facial appearance do bring an impact in your selection of your future partner, as they too give an indirect idea on his genetical superiority. This inevitably explains why tall people with lots of muscles and a typical facial appearance is in high demand. Sigh. Oh well. Don't blame anyone else except your own genetic components.
Anyway, I still stick to my choices. [Refer to my previous blog entries]. :) Things that everyone like may not be what I like. *wink*
Oh, time to go. Enjoy the steamy pics, boys. Please don't ask me where I got them. LOL.
(若不是因为爱着你)怎么会夜深还没睡意
每个念头都关於你 我想你 想你 好想你
(若不是因为爱着你)怎会有不安的情绪
每个莫名的日子里 我想你 想你 好想你
爱是折磨人的东西 却又舍不得这样放弃
不停揣测你的心里 可有我姓名
爱是我唯一的秘密 让人心碎却又着迷
无论是用什么言语 只会(只会)思念你
(若不是因为爱着你)怎会不经意就叹息
有种不完整的心情 爱你 爱你(爱着你)

No comments: