Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Grey Matter

I don't know why. Seriously, I don't think I am smart (although I claim myself as one!). I just happen to know certain things that I have came across in the papers or in the books, and able to answer 'em when being asked.

People usually define intelligence as "a general mental capability that involves the ability to reason, plan, solve problems, think abstractly, comprehend ideas and language, and learn. In psychology, the study of intelligence is related to the study of personality but is not the same as creativity, personality, character, or wisdom." Ok. Whatever.
Ok. Whatever. I don't think I fulfil those stated above. However, I have the mental capability to twist reasons, ruin plans, create new problems, thick haphazardly, comprehend rubbish and learn nonsense. Sick me. Uh huh. Seriously. I find it so much easier to brew up some rubbish or nonsense and perplex my colleagues and friends with that. It is so much thrilling, by the way.
Sometimes its sad to realize that I don't pick up things as swiftly as I used to. Probably I'm becoming dementic, or retarded, or over-perverted. Or my grey matter has already declined to a number so meager that I rank lower than my primate cousins. Could it be that I'm having too much sex. That must be the reason!
Well, I wish that (gay) guys would put up intelligence as one their criteria, instead of Shoe size, Chest size, or Butt size or other superficial physical attributes. Anyway, who would waste their time to slowly delve into one's heart, mind and soul? It is rather meticulous and time-consuming, I know, but the rewards are (usually) well, unmeasurable!
True enough. I totally despise those people who judget people from their appearance. What you see may give you a hint of what he might be, but it's not ALL of him! It's like using a magnifying glass to watch a movie. Well, you see some part clearly, but you miss the ENTIRE part. Get the point!
To those who talk to me because they think I look good, I don't really care a damn.
To those who talk to me because they think I am smart, I might care a little damn.
To those who talk to me because they think I have a good heart, and mind and soul (I'm so vain!), Yeah! come over here baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the part about using a magnifying glass to watch a movie was very very nicely put… Love it… Another well written masterpiece!!