Friday, May 19, 2006

My Reading Habits (Pt.2)

Well, during primary school there was a gush of change and I altered my taste a little. I began to indulge in Chinese literature and well, there goes my oriental mindset. I love chinese literati and of course, oriental philosphy, especially laoism and confuciusm. Well, that probably helped to sculpture what I am now. Hahaha.







Secondary school was a little bit different. All those exposure to dungeons and dragons stuffs dragged me along that path. I started reading Tolkien's writings at 17 after a KLSaw's bidding. The funny thing about that is that some of my friends at first commented that I was idiotic to read such stuffs, and in the end, after the making of LOTR the movie, they changed sides and go around boasting how much they love LOTR. -_-" Fake plastics.







Further influences from my aunty embarked me to pursue a medico-legal career (My Aunt's an accountant) and that's where I plan to lead -- forensic medicine. Anyway, the biggest motivation she gave me was those free books, except for Harry Potter. Yucks. I never like reading them.






I guess I just read what I like, and it's not wrong to say I do hinder myself from trying new stuffs. It's something silly I know, but hey... that's me. So, what is my involuted brain reading now? These... pathetic, isn't it?

8 comments:

Shake Trees said...

ur opposite of me. i took up chinese when in primary even though im in methodist school. dats y u c me writing chinglish. hehehe Bad habits r hard to shake off.

ur more lucky than me. got such books. i have none of these. i only built up my library when i started work.

u oso like fantasy books ah. I uderd to read Shannara from Terry Brooks. My bro has a complete set. we share d same hobbits. hehhe. We like anime. He buy i c. kekke. I'm more to star wars recently but i got almost complete Dragon Lance collections. Forgotten realms r just too many.

I used to read medical books too. Mostly on vitamins n minerals n drugs. oso on pediatrics.

I play computer games oso wor. Mostly strategies and RPGs. U play chess? Not d hairy ones la. Scare-bbel?

Pike-chan said...

hhmm.... i seldom read up books about the chinese.... the books i read are mainly mainstream/popular books such as harry potter, LOTR and things like that. I've yet to read The Hobbit though....

now got into Paulo... last time i read this book by Jeffrey Archer... very addictive story line, "Cane and Abel"...

joshua said...

Wow a really diverse range of reading materials there.

I remember being very young and reading really good Malay fables. Then came Jing Yong's novels and the old Chinese classics.

These days I indulge in contemporary mostly mainstream.

And how medical students (and staff) can manage to finish reading (and memorising) such thick textbooks never ceases to amaze me! Walao...

RcKs said...

Cibertronic: When I start working, I won't have time to read liao...; don't like futuristic books, yucks; you read pediatrics becoz you're a paedophile mar :P ;chess? I suck in them. AHahaha.

Pikey: ABel and Cain... sounds so.. gay!

Joshua: I don't read. I only browse through them. Don't tell my lecturers bout that.

Shake Trees said...

wei... im not some1 who's attacted to prepubescent children deh. din even come across my mind dat time. i wonder oso. kakaka... hmmm... it's my ambition to be physician la. i was near to going to india doing my medical u know. but but .... nvm...

RcKs said...

Oh. Indian. Sell fish head curry there lo.

Shake Trees said...

ah maa, i sell u la baiyee... gagaga

Mr RM said...

GEEZ... i never get a chance to read fiction.... maybe im just plain boring lar