Friday, June 16, 2006

The Bug Man

Today we had a fascinating lecture on forensic entomology, which is the application of scientific knowledge and expertise on insects to deal with medico-legal issues. In easier words, using bugs to crack criminal cases. The whole bug thing sounds bizzare since I do not really like bugs and creepy crawlies. Anyway, if I really wanted to be a forensic doctor, I have to rid my phobia for maggots and carrion beetles. -_-"

The other thing is that I'm supposed to make up my mind on where I wanted to have my elective studies done. Hmm.. choices choices choices. The ambitious me would like to do it somewhere overseas, preferably in an Asian country. OK, actually I am keen on going to Osaka, Japan -- my varsity's twin. Lucky me there ain't much people who's eager for there, since most of the guys wanted to go to Aussie or somewhere non-Asian. Here I've got the numbers counted; Australia would need around 10k, Taiwan and HK around 5k, and my Osaka 6k. 6 THOUSANDS BUCKS! Where on earth would I get that.
I think I'll start selling my ass for that. Anybody who's interested?

No comments: